Installing a radar detector in your vehicle is one of the latest popular accessories. But before you install a radar detector in your vehicle, there are some questions that you need to check for before making your purchase:
- What is the purpose of installing a radar detector?
- How much are you ready to spend for it?
- What are the latest features available, whether you need or not?
- Where do you plan on speeding your vehicle most often?
Once you are clear in your preferences, choosing the right one becomes far easier. With latest technologies coming up, the simple radar detector now comes geared with many latest features, each better than the other.
Following are some features one needs to look out for in the best radar detector 2017. Remember them while making the final choice.
- Dash mount or Remote mount: The dash mount is commonly used and placed near the rear view mirror on the dash. The remote mount has installation behind the grill of your car with its controls under the dashboard.
- Radar detector with a separate city/highway mode: This is helpful to zone out false alarms and notify well in advance despite of city obstacles.
- Radar detector that detects X, K, Ka and Laser bands. As these are the ones that are most commonly used by the police in their radar guns. If your radar detector cannot identify these radar bands, then a speeding ticket will become inevitable.
- The signals and alerts in a radar detector must be easy to understand. Different notification for different radar bands. This helps the driver to identify what type of radar gun the police are using and how soon they need to lower the speed.
- Pop Mode identification: The latest technique the police use is the Pop mode which are very low frequency But a good radar detector will be able to detect this too.
You can check all the various options available and choose the right one that suits your budget as well as utility.
Nothing can beat the exhilarating feeling of going on a long distance leisure trip, driving out in your cool and comfortable Audi A3, especially when you have a good autoradio gps 2017 to make sure you don’t get lost, . Long distance driving brings with it the sense of adventure, freedom and the sheer pleasure of long roads unfolding in front of you. However, without good planning, your pleasure trip can easily turn into a nightmare.
Here are some tips to make your long distance driving enjoyable and safer:
Keeping your vehicle in good condition
Your car is unlikely to give you trouble or breakdown on a long trip if you keep it regularly serviced. Make sure to check all the basic requisites before you set out on your trip.
Checking your car essentially means checking the fuel, oil and water levels, making sure that your tires are in good condition and has adequate air, all lights are in working condition, etc. By following these steps, you can prevent the most common reasons for your car’s breakdown.
Packing an emergency kit
It is very crucial to keep an emergency kit in your car always. The emergency kit should contain a basic medical first aid kit, spare bulbs and fuses for the car, tire pressure gauge, tire inflator or foot pump, a car jack, a liter of engine oil, a road map, some snacks and drinking water. Carrying a shovel and a couple of blankets to keep you warm in winter is a great idea.
Planning your travel route
When you are planning your trip, do add in a few tourist attractions that you can visit on the way. This may add to your travel time, but these little excursions will break the monotony of the long trip and you will end up enjoying your road trip even better.
Taking regular breaks
When you are driving non-stop at a stretch, you can get fatigued and tired. It is recommended that every two hours, you should take a 15-minute break and refresh yourself. This can help to prevent fatigue, which is a major cause of road accidents.
Before setting out on your long trip, do have a good and restful night’s sleep. Whenever you feel tired or sleepy, stop at some safe place, drink some caffeinated coffee and have a short nap before proceeding.
Long journeys can become rather tiring and tedious. Listening to music on your Autoradio Audi A3 can be a wonderful experience, where you can choose your preferred music from a variety of channels or listen to your favorites compiled into a playlist. Watch the miles and time fly with your favorite music that you can control at your fingertips.
Taking the roads less taken
Your trip can be more enjoyable if you drive on smaller and less frequented roads instead of the congested highway. It may take longer to reach your destination but could be more scenic and interesting.
When going on a long distance trip, be safe, focused and prepared. All these tips can help to make your trip safer and ensure that you arrive at your destination safe and sound. But most importantly, don’t forget to sit back and enjoy the ride!
Put simply, an autoradio is a device that is installed in a car to receive radio signals. This kind of device has been in use in automobiles since 1920. 97 years later, the autoradio is a far cry from its ancestors.
Today, a car console has to be everything from a weather controller, to a navigator, to a safety cushion to an on-demand music player. This means that the systems that integrate all these features have to have evolved as well.
Of late, smartphone companies have begun integrating autoradios with basic features from their smartphone apps so that a driver is never out of touch with their phone when on the road. This way, all major alerts, and navigations are possible using the pre-installed phone apps. Once the smartphone is connected with the autoradio, a driver is able to keep tab of important things.
CarPlay, for iPhone users, has been a blessing. Ever since Siri can be voice activated, this autoradio system has received an immense boost.
The top autoradio carplay are:
- Genesis G80: luxury, stellar good looks, and of course CarPlay, perfect combination!
- Audi A4: This top performing luxury car has incorporated CarPlay into its interactive infotainment system.
- BMW 2 Series: CarPlay, as a concept, was a collaboration with BMW, it is no wonder then that the BMW cars all have CarPlay
- Mercedes Benz E Class: Another good looking car with an excellent infotainment system!
- Nissan Murano: style, looks, comfort, space, and CarPlay enabled. All in one midsize car!
Car manufacturer Opel has also ensured that their autoradio is enabled with the latest in technology.
Opel’s autoradio has
- Inbuilt GPS
- Wi-Fi enabled
- DVD player
- Support steering wheel control
- CarPlay and Android Auto-enabled
The systems are available to buy online at wholesalers.